Saturday, January 9, 2010

A lot has been going on.........




The past........2 weeks? I guess it has been. So very strange, they've slid right past me. 2 weeks ago tomorrow my cousin was murdered. (that's a picture of him and his girlfriend on the left) You never think that someone whom you love, have grown up with, and is so close to your age would be gone from this life already, much less murdered. I miss him. Not that I've seen him real often lately.......but now I know I won't see him again until I get to heaven. It's an odd feeling. Out of my grandmother's 9 grandchildren 4 of us are Seniors this year. I'll be thinking about him when I graduate. B/c I'll feel like he should still be here to walk and accept his diploma. The past 2 weeks have been......rough. Rougher for a lot of people in my family than for me, but sleep has eluded me a LOT these past 2 weeks. Only in the last few days have I been going to bed before midnight. I came to the conclusion that I would never understand why all this happened........so I have to trust and lean on God's understanding. He has a plan, though I have NO idea what it is. But I do know without the words of encouragement, prayers, and hugs of so many friends it would have been so much harder for me to get through. Many thanks is owed to them. They already have my love (whether they want it or not lol). One day at a time, we can get through this. And I just have to remember that when I look at the picture at the very top of this page, Steven isn't in that box we call a coffin. He's in Heaven, and I'll see him when I get there. <3

1 comment:

chengduchica said...

still praying for you and your family! hope sleep stops being so elusive! thanks for posting! :)