Friday, March 27, 2009

God's Timing (Spiritual Definitions #2)

Since these 2 both have to do with God's timing I thought I'd post them together. :)

Wisdom - Seeing and responding to life situations from God's frame of reference

Proverbs 9:10 - "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the is understanding."

James 3:17 - "But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy."

The definition and verses make you think don't they? Thinking about a situation purely and without partiality is hard when you're the one IN the situation. We think of some things as just something to try our patience. And we think "God, why is this happening to ME?" But if we look from His view point it's helping us learn to put our faith in Him. Do I have wisdom? Only when I'm willing to put all my trust in Him. Does that always happen? No, I'm human, and I have a stubbornness for wanting to try things my way first. Remembering His way is best AND should be FIRST is a big challenge. Are you willing to try it?



Patience - Accepting a difficult situation from God without giving Him a deadline to remove it

Romans 5:3-4 - "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope:"

James 1:3-4 - "Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing."

Psalm 37:7 - "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

So many times I find myself thinking "God, can you hurry this up? I'm tired of this." We all have difficult situations, but what do we do with them? Do we wait patiently for God's timing, or do we try to hurry it up? I have a situation right now that I would love if He "hurried it up", but that may not happen. My timing is "I want this fixed NOW!" Evidently His isn't. Therefore I'm learning to have some patience. He has His reasons for making me wait, but there are just some days I get so exasperated with it that I want it done and over NOW. Can you tell I need some more patience? :) While patience may be a virtue, I'm pretty sure it's one of the hardest to attain.

2 comments:

Elijah said...

Wow! Thanks for posting this!!!!

I've copied many quotes from it to: http://quotes.elijahlofgren.com/

Have a good week!

Dellennie said...

You're welcome. :) I figured what else is a blog for but to share my thoughts? And if my thoughts are about God's word.....well, all the better for me! :D