Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Spiritual Definitions

Joyfulness - The uninhibited expression of delight in what God has done for me

Proverbs 15:13 - "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."

Proverbs 29:6 - "In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous doth sing and rejoice."

Psalm 16:11 - "Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasure's forever more."

I'm posting this as a reminder to have joy. Sometimes we look at our lives and all we see are the things gone wrong. But how often do we look and see the good things? Or just take some time to delight in the blessings God has given us? There sure are allot of them! :)

4 comments:

Tina said...

Excellent post - great reminder. Thank you.
(By the way, for the record, you are a very joyful person and reflect God's joy very well to those around you. Stay in His Word and keep close to Him.)
Thanks again for the great things for me to ponder.
:)

Katie said...

We all have lots of stuff to be joyful about.
I agree with my mom, you are a very joyful person:)! Good thing I like joyful people! See you around 4:00pm!
***In His great & awesome love ***
***Katie***

Dellennie said...

Thanks for the compliments you 2! And Katie, I enjoyed watching you and LeAnn do your skit yesterday. You 2 did a very good job! :)

Elijah said...

Thanks for sharing this!!!!!