Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spiritual Definitions #3

Love- Giving to others' basic needs without expecting anything in return
John 15:12-13 - "This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than to lay down his life for his friends."

1 Corinthians 13:3 - "And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity (love), it profiteth me nothing."

John 13:35 - "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another."

It's a tall order to love others as God loves us, but that's what He asks. And He didn't specify it to say "That ye love the people you like and know", He said "One another." In essence, everybody! From your mom and dad to that person that really grates on your nerves. Love is our way of showing others we care. And if we're supposed to be representatives of Christ, why should they think God cares about them if we don't? Just some food for thought.......

No comments: